The Chief Development/Growth Officer will lead the entire YR Media fundraising team focusing on strategizing, coordinating, implementing and managing a comprehensive annual development program composed of individual giving, including major and planned gifts; corporate donations; Institutional/Government and foundation granting; special events fundraising and capital campaigns. YR Media is also beginning to work on increasing its earned revenue, including through a membership strategy, and this is an area where the Chief Development Officer can play a critical role in strategy and oversight.
With an average operating budget of approximately $7M, YR Media is entering a period of significant organizational growth and needs to broaden sources of funding to expand its core operation from $10M to $12M by the end of 2022, market factors considered.
The Chief Development/Growth Officer is a self-motivated, experienced fundraiser and organizational development specialist, has the ability to solve complex problems with a passion for philanthropy. By providing structure and clear action plans, the Chief Development/Growth Officer will solicit major gifts, oversee earned revenues as well as innovate additional raised revenue opportunities that empower staff and board members to build upon the current base of individual and institutional support.
This a full-time position that reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
● Deliver on annual revenue targets, planning for aggressive year-over-year
● Develop and lead our revenue generation and business development strategy and efforts for both philanthropic and earned revenue.
● Participate as a member of the senior leadership team in decision-making,
strategic planning and goal setting for the core annual operating fund.
● Manage a portfolio of at least 50 major gift prospects annually and personally solicit gifts of $10,000 and above. Oversee all ongoing development efforts, ensuring engagement with multiple income sources, both individual and institutional, including corporate.
● Help oversee the design and creation of fundraising materials, such as direct mail campaigns. Oversee the completion and submission of grant proposals.
● Provide coaching, guidance and feedback to the Development team on
strategy, responsibilities and professional development.
● Work closely with the executive team to support board members in institutional and individual fundraising,
● Collaborate with the Director of Communications to advance the institutional profile of the agency and communicate fundraising goals and progress both internally and externally.
● Create strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps
● Establish and maintain relationships with donors, supporters and hold
accountability for a high level of fiscal stewardship to contribute to continued growth.
● Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
Skills & Qualifications
● Progressive promotion through development positions in a nonprofit institution;
● Documented success in cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding individual gifts of $10,000+ and institutional gifts of $100,000+;
● Experience planning, leading and managing development projects with success in fundraising from multiple donor channels, including setting and implementing major gift solicitation strategies and institutional application processes.
● Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets;
● Working knowledge of fundraising standard for non profits;
● Ability to engage and motivate people from all backgrounds;
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated experience coordinating with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
● Ability to develop and present powerful, compelling written and oral
communications for fundraising with the capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives and experiences.
This position supervises and oversees and provides structure for the Development team.
Classification: Exempt salaried
Location: Currently remote
Salary: $100k – $120k commensurate with experience, very competitive benefits package
How to Apply: Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Chief Development/Growth Officer in the subject of your email. Only those being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
YR Media is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job