JOB TITLE: PAYROLL CLERK
The Payroll Clerk will report to the Finance Manager, with directives also coming from the CFAO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, detail-oriented, organized, and personable individual who will manage multiple finance and administrative tasks within the finance department as well as aid in other administrative tasks in the organization as needed.
● Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
● Learns, administers, and monitors time allocation for all paid personnel.
● Manage all timesheet submittals, ensuring accuracy of reporting.
● Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage,
savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
● Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
● Determines payroll liabilities and ensures accurate reporting into the accounting system.
● Resolves payroll discrepancies.
● Prepare manual and retroactive pay checks as needed.
● Assist in HR related tasks such as eligibility milestones and open enrollment administration.
● Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
● Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
● Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
● Prepares retirement account reports per pay period for contributions.
● Updates grant worksheets per pay period, flagging issues related to grant spending.
● Reconciles quarterly payroll reports.
● Maintains neat and orderly files of the payroll folders.
● Performs other activities as assigned and required.
Skills & Qualifications:
● Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an accounting or related degree.
● Solid understanding of accounting principles.
● Solid working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now with Time and Attendance.
● A strong overall professional experience in nonprofit arena (excluding internships): solid understanding of allocations, direct expenses, and indirect expenses.
● Working knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise.
● Advanced Excel user (what is your favorite function?).
● A successful track record in setting priorities.
● Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
● A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
● Personable, professional, patient demeanor to interface with staff and youth.
● Ability to handle confidential information.
● Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to our mission; works above and beyond.
● Stellar professional references.
Employee’s principal place of work shall be located in Oakland, CA or any of YR Media designated hubs around the country.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift 25 pound boxes to a height of 3-4 feet.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Payroll Clerk in the subject of your email. Only those being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
YR Media is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job