The Teach YR Project Director will manage all aspects of Teach YR, which is the division of YR Media that develops learning research, resources and experiences for young people and educators across the country. We seek candidates who are passionate about education, equity and research. This is a leadership role for someone prepared to deliver on existing commitments (including those already underway and backed by national funders) and to design and launch new strategic content and product ideas aligned with YR Media’s mission. You will become a key member of an interdisciplinary team including university partners documenting and expanding impact of YR Media programs by carrying out analysis of our practice, gleaning insights, and sharing thought-leadership with colleagues as well as practitioners and field-builders nationwide.
This is a full time position reporting to the Innovation Lab Founder and Special Projects Producer.
● Create assets: digital learning resources, workshops, and technical assistance for YR Media participants, partners and educators, expanding educator engagement and impact
● Project-manage all funded research deliverables
● Build Teach YR strategy aligned with YR Media mission and integrated with its programs, including development and implementation of a plan for sustainability and growth
● Plan and carry out research activities (focus groups, interviews, observations, analysis) and produce reports
● Serve as point-person with external evaluator and university partners, including management of IRB administration and shared deliverables
● Participate in public-facing events and outputs (presentations, publications) ● Develop clear, realistic plans for implementation of new projects including staffing, development cycles, and metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● 5+ years working in media education and/or research
● Formal training and proven track record in qualitative research methods and ethics (quantitative methods a plus)
● Deep knowledge of best practices in digital learning and youth-centered education
● Experience tracking and reporting activity, including to national funders, academic and public audiences
● Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
● Enthusiastic ability to build partnerships and new strategic opportunities ● Experience with learning event planning (webinars, digital engagements, live events that offer professional development opportunities for both youth and educators)
● Experience producing and distributing highly engaging digital learning tools and building community around them
● Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage and motivate people ● Outstanding written , visual and communication skills
● Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Classification: Exempt salaried
Location: Currently remote
How to Apply: Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include Teach YR Project Director in the subject of your email. Only those being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
YR Media is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex,sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job